Thursday, June 28, 2007

3 months!!!????!!!!????!!!???!

They say time flies when you're having fun!! There have been days where it seems like just yesterday that we stepped off the plane into this huge smoggy city. Then there are days that seem like we have lived here forever. Midland has become a distant memory and place where a lot of people who are near and dear to us reside. But Shanghai has become our reality where people who are dear to us also reside. We fly out at 10:00 tomorrow to that place that we still refer to affectionately as "HOME". The good news is, is that the flight home is 2 hours shorter and we arrive the same day we left, so we get our day back that we lost in March.
I am proud of myself and the kids for all that we have accomplished in these three months. While life was sometimes hard, we all rolled with the punches and by the grace of God we all succeeded. We have seen some great things (and some not so great things), we have tasted new foods, smelled new smells and heard more horns honked than we could have ever imagined. We have fallen in love with our cute little ayi and driver and they almost seem like family. I actually almost had tears in my eyes as I told Hong good bye today. This city and culture is growing on us and we are looking forward to new adventures this fall.
But more than anything right now, we are anticipating our time at home with friends and family.
Mom, I tried to call you today but couldn't get through. We wanted you to know before we got off the plane that Levi broke his wrist. He was playing on the playground with Jacob and Noah and fell on it. He broke his radius and has to be in a cast for 3 weeks. Happy summer and swimming to Levi!!! So in three months I've taken 3 kids to 3 out of the 4 World links in this city. Let's just say some are nicer than others. I'm pretty sure that the x-ray machine they used was one of the first ones invented. So, that is another thing that I have figured out. Doctors, hospitals etc. I guess with my kids it was inevitable.
So our bags are packed and we're leaving on a jet plane....but we know when we'll be back again:)
Hope to see many of you while we are there!!!
We may post over the summer so please continue to check periodically, but we will for sure be back by the middle of August.
Until then......

3 comments:

Karen Chica said...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! TEENAGE GIRRLY SCREAM! MY GIRLFRIEND IS COMING HOME TO VISIT ME!!! AHHHHHHHH!

and thats all I have to say about that.

Anonymous said...

Poor Levi!! However three weeks will go fast! He'll be surprised. I hope you have a very safe flight. Come to think of it you are probably flying right now!!!

I'm sure you do have mixed feelings right now! What is home, anyway? Well, it is where your loved ones are and where our Good Lord above is and He and they go with you hither and yon, so a lot of things could be called home!! Be safe! Be good! We hope to see you sometime in the near future!!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Goodbye, goodbye! Adios! Sayonara! Bao zhong!

Have a wonderful, wonderful time, and may God keep you safe everywhere you go.

Betsy