Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow Day?

Here is an update to the last post:


The kids have a snow day today (Tuesday). I did not go to work yesterday, nor today due to the highway being shutdown. In Zhangjiagang there is about 15 inches of snow right now. All of the locals were excited about the snow until they got this much of it. Now, they are enjoying the no work part, but not the no heat and no way to get anywhere part. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow, so I should be able to go back to work then. Yeah for me!!!!! Mark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What fun!! The cold sounds very penetrating in your apartment!! You need one of my wool filled blankets and a good book!! Either that or go shopping like Natalie did!! It didn't sound like there was a crowd in WalMart!! Maybe there was no way to get there. I bet the kids enjoyed it all. Can you imagine closing schools here for that little bit of snow. Of course, we have more than squeegies(sp) to clean off the streets! So much for global warming!!!

Aunt Carol

Tonia said...

I love the picture. Where you live looks very beautiful. Is it just the picture? Or is it really so pretty?

Anonymous said...

Tonia, I can say "yes" to your question on the picture. Wintery months left the green looking a little dim while we were there, but at the same time, the grounds look like they are well taken care of...the Bergs look like they are well taken care of.
Hope you are able to get back to work Mark. I can't image 15 inches of snow and not knowing how to take care of it. Wonder just how long it will take them to take care of it.
If you can't, hope your enjoying your time with the family.
Love you all and talk to you soon.
mom R

Anonymous said...

From Karen and the Welser's (my login is being stubborn.

Hmmm....I just caught this post. Interesting how everyone is "WOW"ed by 15 inches of snow and then BAM! within one week, we get dumped on with 12 inches at one time of our own snow blast. School was closed, kids were happy, us MPS employees had no work if that counts for anything. Now this week, yes we have heat, but -1 degrees is still "wool blanket w/ book" COLD! I suppose it good that you're really not missing out because you're in China!
Smiles