The worst thing about China is our transportation to school. It's fifty minutes of pure torture! We have an ayi and a driver on our bus. Our driver listens to Chinese Opera ten times as loud as I'm aloud to play my Ipod so I can't hear it. My ayi's part in the torture is she's 60 something years old and she tries to sing along. Since my ayi starts singing my driver does too, they make the perfect duet, NOT!
Jacob's braces look hideous! They're blue, pink, and green. He has these two things behind his two front teeth that look like fangs! He sounds really weird when he talks and he always smacks his lips. It's so annoying!
Miss You,
Noah Berg
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Oh my, Noah, be careful with us 60 year olds! Sometimes our voice cracks and creaks when we don't want it to!!! Tell your driver that he is going to cause you to have hearing problems when you get older if he don't turn down that music!!
I love you, Noah! You tell it like it is!!!
Aunt Carol
Does it really matter if the ayi is in her 60's? Aunt Laurie and I are barely in our 30's and you don't like to hear us sing either. Maybe you'd enjoy her singing more if she did a lively dance in her seat as she sang. That's what we do and it works for us.
I can't believe anything Jacob does would be annoying to you. Siblings NEVER annoy each other. At least it's not intentional (this time). I'm surprised Jacob chose blue, green and pink. I thought they would all be pink. What colors will you choose when you get yours? I think if I ever had braces I would pick orange and purple. Or maybe some yellow? Of course at my age any color would probably look silly, though I think I could pull it off.
Thanks for the update!
Love,
Aunt Angie
Hi Noah - If the worst thing about your whole China experience is just the ride to school I don't think that is so bad.
Be kind to us "old" people, you know Grandpa just turned 60 in Feb and we think he is still "young". He has been complaining about my singing since I started dating him many years ago and I would sing along with the radio. He use to turn the radio off so I would be quiet because I was wrecking the song.! I personally think I sing pretty good..
A person who sings is a "happy" person I have been told. So, your Ayi and bus driver must be REALLY happy.
Bear with Jacob and his new braces. You might be sounding that same way soon when you get yours and you know how kind he will be to you. (NOT!)
Love, Grandma Berg
Noah James! I love that you took a turn writing in the blog. By the way, this is your mom look alike writing. I wanted you to know that I love the radio turned way up too, in addition to your driver, your grandma Berg and Aunt Laurie and Angie (and I am ONLY 44). I know that your mom, Aunt Deb, and Aunt Wen and I always love to sing in the car. Sometimes we even "get down" in our seats as well. It makes the time go faster and makes for a more joyful ride. I also know that Michael feels the same way you do. He hates it when Alyssa and I sing in the car. I have a plan for you - wanna hear it? It is an old saying and it goes like this: "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"!! In other words go ahead and sing at the top of your lungs to drown everyone out. Soon everyone will be in a cheerful mood. I hope your rides will seem to go by faster as you get used to them.
As for Jacob's braces - Michael smacked his lips at first too. But, now he doesn't anymore. So, hold out for just a few weeks and Jake'll be done with that bad habit. When do you and Levi get your braces on? What color will you choose? I think I told Jake that Michael's are red and white at this time for the Jefferson Huskies. He used to have hot pink and silver! You might as well have fun when you get your braces, they are only on for a short while and then you're done! Are you planning to work on a new whistle when you don't have your space between your teeth anymore?
I've gotta go now, but thanks for sharing a bit of China with us.
Love you,
Aunt Beth
Noah, your update and Levi's really made me chuckle. As the mother of twins, I can see that you and your brother are quite opposite, just like my twins. That probably means that you get along really well with each other, huh?
Someday, you'll look back at your China adventure and really miss many things about it, even despite some of the weird stuff. And someday, you'll miss your siblings' annoying habits more than anything in the world!
Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with your blog readers!
Mrs. Osborne
Noah- I'll have to have JD and Rachel read your post, maybe they won't hate their bus ride so much anymore. Theirs is only about 25 minutes and they only have to ride it home 2-3 days a week, but they still hate it. They say that it's the kids who are too loud though!
A big "Hello" to Noah for updating us on his China experiences. What a hoot, Noah - Grandpa laughed out load at your delightful, sincere note. We are so proud of all of you - you seem to be adjusting to your surroundings. It must be all those prayers going your way.
Glad to hear about Jacob's braces, sounds like he's coping and don't be too annoyed with him. Your turn is coming too!!
We love all of you and appreciate you sharing with all of us. Maybe you should try reading a book and maybe Grandma could send you some ear plugs - then you wouldn't have to listen to anyone. You could turn them all out!
Love from
Grandma R (&Grandpa)
Noah,
Hey man if the ride to school is the worst thing, well im with ya. because having opera and other people singing is not that cool. basically, opera isnt cool. well be safe over there and have fun
sincerly,
Dan Hoag
Oh honey, isn't there anything in China that you can talk about that you like? Although I do appreciate your take on Jacob's braces(now I won't be surprised when I see him next)and your bus ride, I would also like to hear a couple of positive things from you. You make me laugh.
I miss you too,
Aunt Laurie
Noah, Noah! You funny boy! Singing is wonderful! Don't you just feel like you want to belt out the words when you know the song?!! I sure do. Now, I'm not too sure about opera though. I don't think I could even sing opera. It think it would probably sound pretty bad!
It made me laugh to hear those things you said about Jacob's braces. You know, Uncle Ed used to really fight with his brothers. They were always punching or arguing when they were younger. His dad used to tell him, "There will come a day when you will be glad to see your brother." Can you believe that would happen?! It is true. Once you are all grown up and have a wife and kids of your own (I know you can't even imagine that right now) you will be thrilled to see Jacob and all your other siblings. Then you will talk about all the fun times you had in China!
Mean while take care and try to enjoy your bus ride!
Love you,
Aunt Deb
Post a Comment